Guided by the Corporal Works of Mercy, the Catholic Center Service Committee strives to provide opportunities for students to serve others in and around the city of Boston. Over the years students have:
- Introduced first-year students to service through the Welcome Week Service Project, handing out bagged lunches to the homeless around the city.
- Participated in interfaith service with our neighbors at the Hillel House for Mitzvah Day.
- Helped set up for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk and assembled 5000 snack bags for walkers.
- Gone apple picking at the local Honey Pot Hill Orchard and then baked 13 apple crisps to donate to Boston Rescue Mission, a shelter and meal program in the heart of Boston.
- Collected a dozen boxes of clothing for a winter clothing drive to donate to Rosie’s Place and St. Francis House.
And so much more!
We are always looking for new ways to serve, so don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas or suggestions!
For the most up-to-date information on upcoming service opportunities, check the weekly bulletin or the CC Facebook Group.